Wednesday 3 September 2008

Arrived safe and well!!

Namaste!
Well I've arrived- actually I got to Mysore the night before last. A very long 30 hour journey but air and road. Mumbai airport is being re-built so noone seems to know where anything is anymore! i had fun being directed and redirected around the terminals by very friendly people. There always seems to be someone on hand to help- must be something to do with the huge population. My transfer was on time to Bengaluru and I shared the plane with Indian and Chinese businessmen going to 'silicone valley'. I didn't see much of bangalore but one long traffic jam of motorbikes, rickshaws, lorries (with hilarious slogans- If married, don't be harried. Go slow, avoid accident) . The traffi jam seemed to last almost the entire journey of four hours. We stopped half way for a masala dosa and a cup of chai- both very nice and with no adverse results (if you know what I mean).
I've been staying in a 'service appartment' for the last two nights- very posh for a posh bird- people would pay a fortune for such a place in london. It's even too expensive for moer than couple of nigths here for me so I'm moving into a shared appartment with another woman who I haven't met yet. It's only 5 minutes walk from the yoga shala which will be very convenient as I have to start at 5 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen much of Mysore yet but went for two little walks yesterday- it was the festival of Ganesh yesterday with loads of gaudy elephant statues for sale- some as big as ral elephants, garlands of marigolds, and quite a few cows hanging about eating rubbish. I found a place to have a frappucino too!!
Today I'm going to move house and register at the yoga place and have another walk or two.
Lots of love to one and all.
Remember, if you want to send emails they will be gratefully received and responded to- the address is at the top of my home page.

No comments: