Sunday 15 March 2015

Song of the Heart



Image result for buddhaSong of the Heart

Straight away I felt a pain in my right chest,
Like sinews tearing in a tiny way.
Slowly my mind focused in:
What can I call this presence in my Heart?
Who can I have a relationship with?



I am a warrior of Peace.
I am strong, fit, able, willing
In mind, body and Heart.
Yet sometimes I am wracked by the
Emotions of fear and human love.

I have the innocence, the openness and eagerness
Of a child and many, many questions.

In the temple of my Heart
There is a lotus shrine
On which sits Love
This jewel shines forth a Light so bright
It is beyond imagination.

Pure dhamma- how can I go anywhere else?

Half way up Mount Mulanje,
Deep in the humid forest
I can hear bird calls, rustlings.
It smells of death-
Water moves nearby, dripping.

I have the taste of hesitation in my mouth,
I won’t go further.
I see green- trees and leaves amongst the shadows.
Light shafts coming through the canopy.
Rocks, a vague path.

The mountain Spirit said, “Honour intuition,
Honour dhamma,
Truth.
THAT is always there in your Heart.
Dhamma will protect.”

Struggling to trust, pleading,
‘Temu, the most High, how do I know you?’

“My voice is clear, direct and brief.
You can feel the Truth in your sinews, in your Being.
To hear me, keep silence.
Mine is the only voice you need to hear.
Be pure awareness. Be love.”

Dreaming of the Blue, nothing but Blue.
Totally full and satisfied;
One with the blue.
Freedom is being unattached
To everything I have to lose.

What are the facts?
I’m here and it’s raining outside.
Glorious rain. Blessed is the glorious rain.
I’m sitting on my Mother’s lap and
Asking myself, ‘What are the facts?’

Twisting out strange factory images:
Gritty, dark brick and chimney stacks.
Northern England:
My heritage and pain,
Deep, ancient pain.

Longing for Him, I say, ‘Show yourself to me.
I show you myself, my Truth,
My Heart, my vulnerability.
Now you stop hiding and
Show me what you are.’

‘I will look straight at you.
I will listen to the rhythms of my life
And be the rhythms of my nature.
I’m here, I’m watching, listening and feeling.
And I won’t give up.

No comments: