Sunday 8 February 2015

Devotion



Devotion:
Bent legs- perfect petals
Straight back- strong, secure
Peaceful- above and below
Body scanning- relaxing,
Breathing,
Floating on sensations.
A promise to myself, to the Earth, to the Universe:
An end to suffering.

Fishtail Mountain:
On a path, on a hillside
Staring at the mountain
Smooth like plaster cast
Around me, the village waking up
Nearby I know there’s a little temple;
Exquisite wood carvings- deities.
Going back now I would bow there.

Standing in the mountain now,
Weather systems of opinions and emotions;
Cycles of criticism and judgement;
Storms of anger and resentment.
The mountain can tell me which voice to listen to:
The still quiet one;
How to be patient and wait for the signs.

Spreading oak.
Old friend.
You haven’t changed a bit.
Perhaps your majestic coat is slightly brighter
On this summer’s day.
But your wide, solid arms are always there,
Inviting me towards your huggable trunk.
Your kissable leaves sway gently as I breathe you in
And listen to your wise sap rising.
Precious, precious being.

I have shallow roots all over
Connecting with others
Wide range of traditions:
Breathing, deer, eagles in the sky,
Low mists and rain
And the smell of cut wood

That is God, Divine Mother:
Sacredness
Respect
Connectedness

No comments: