Saturday 7 March 2009

Homeward Bound

As many people know, I have had to come back to dear old Blighty for a while as my poor Pops had a minor heart attack on the 23rd of Feb. I was in a small, one horse town on the border of three states in southern India (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala) when I heard the news. Luckily I was with a family friend at the time who was ace and helped me buy plane tickets, get cars and even accompanied me the 6 hours to Bangalore airport. It wasn't all hell on a stick either- I got upgraded to business class for my BA flight back to London and took full advantage of the free Pouilly-Fume (don't you know) to calm my nerves and wipe out all the good I did on the meditation course. Anyway, Pater is back home, up to his usual tricks involving red wine and being a grumpy old man and we're not too worried about him anymore. After 18 years of wasting my driver's licence and claiming to be the most rubbish driver on the planet, I've been chauffering dad around (he can't drive for a month) and haven't knocked down any buildings yet.
I'm sure everyone is dying to see my photos of my last couple of weeks in India (!!?) but I'm afraid you'll just have to find something else to occupy yourselves with for the time being. My dad's computer is virtually a fossil and if I even attempt to upload photos onto it, it will no doubt freeze for eternity and put me in a very bad mood. Watch this space though 'cos a new computer in on the horizon...

No comments: