Saturday 7 March 2009

Loser!!

No blog about travelling in India would be complete without a little section on Delhi Belly. It is with great regret that I must admit to losing the bet I made before leaving UK last year that I wouldn't fall victim to a bout of Montezuma's Revenge. 6 months of eating ice-creams in dodgy restaurants, brushing my teeth in the tap water and asking for ice in my drinks had no effect on my iron constitution. However 2 samosas on a train station platform somewhere between Mumbai and Bangalore was all it took to make it all go hideously and explosively awry! I have now been ill for nearly 2 weeks and things only seem to be getting worse. I have lost weight, can't eat anything but plain rice and feel sick quite a lot. I'm waiting for the results of tests at the mo- will it be salmonella or an amoeba or...???! Gladly my doc has ruled out Hep A and Typhoid! Yippee.

No comments: